Ashburn Village Animal Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high-quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians is experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to spaying and neutering, we also offer the following surgeries:
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Laceration / Wound Repair
- Mass / Tumor Removal
- And other routine surgeries as needed
Orthopedic & Specialty Surgery
Thanks to Dr. Tibor Lazar, we are able to offer the services of a mobile board-certified surgeon for advanced or orthopedic surgeries. Dr. Lazar works with us to provide specialized surgeries in-house for more complex cases that would otherwise require our clients to seek treatment outside our hospital.
Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Ashburn Village Animal Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care in our state-of-the-art surgical suite.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas, which is also used in human pediatric medicine, is used to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use the most modern anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet's pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.